My Photo
Name:
Location: Aloha, Oregon, United States

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

I am blessed

Wow it’s been a long time since I last posted. I think it’s because so much is happening around me and so much is going on emotionally in me that I can’t possibly express it easily.

Joel and I are eagerly anticipating the arrival of our boy. Joel is so cute, some days his is absolutely giddy with the wonder and joy of it. We still don’t have a name, but have decided to take a list of names we like with us to the hospital and see if looking at him makes the name choice any easier.

The last week and a half I’ve been put on rest because I am having a lot of Braxton Hicks contractions along with some “real” contractions and a bit of cramping. The doctor is not worried even if our boy decided to enter the world now, but told me to rest until he reaches 35 weeks. I’m so glad that I was able to quit working at the beginning of the month (thank you God for blessing Joel with a raise) so I didn’t inconvenience an employer with my sudden need to not work.

I’m glad that my restrictions are up on Friday because Joel and I are going to a bed and breakfast in Portland this weekend to celebrate our 4th wedding anniversary. My how the time has flown! I feel so blessed by our marriage and having Joel for my best friend. We are planning on going to a McMinnamins to hear some local musicians and going to the park where Joel proposed and just spending some quiet time together (no cell phones) before our little family brings in a new member. Hopefully our son will allow us to have this last trip alone together, but if he decides to interrupt we will be close to the hospital we chose to deliver at.

I am also very excited as my sister Alonna is due at any time now that she has reached the 38 week mark and I’m eager for the day when we get a call and Alonna and Dan get to introduce us to the little girl God has given them.

I have also been having a wonderful learning time with God. I’ve been reminded over and over of how great He is, remembering more of His character, and feeling the emphasis on love Him first above everything, and everything else will fall into place. I think this is so important to me right now facing such a big change in my life and being concerned about being the person and parent God wants me to be. I easily get bogged down in how huge it all is and how easy it is to make mistakes (over active conscience lady here) but it is such a blessing to know that if I can make my foundation God and center my world on Him that He will guide me through it all. How is it that the God of the universe who holds EVERYTHING together even notices me? How humbling that is. I pray that I can honor Him with my life.

6 Comments:

Blogger Brian said...

I am excited for you guys. Can't wait to meet little Joel.

3:54 PM  
Blogger Wesly Smith said...

+1 for what Brian said.

8:54 PM  
Blogger Wandering Knapps said...

I will be praying for you two. What a very special time your life.

9:03 AM  
Blogger Kathi said...

What a fun and exciting time for both of you! I hope you enjoy your last time away for a while - let it sink in deep! It's amazing how different your life becomes when you add another person into the family!

11:41 AM  
Blogger girl said...

What an inspiring blog, Natalie! Thank you for the reminder of always loving God first, even in this stage of life. I am so excited for you guys and meeting your new special little boy! I hope that you can enjoy your anniversary together, but what an awesome gift if he decided to come early!

PS. Post a picture of what you look like at 35 weeks pregnant. I am dying to know! :)

11:43 AM  
Blogger afreakforjc said...

Ditto Sarah. :-)

5:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home