My Photo
Name:
Location: Aloha, Oregon, United States

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

We were meant for more than this

The number of times lately that I have been reminded that this earth is not our home, we were meant for more, is staggering. Not to say I'm unhappy, far from it, but I have seen so much of the effect from the fall of man that I can't help but "groan, longing to be clothed with our dwelling from heaven"(2 Cor. 5:2).

It's so easy to just get caught up in this life and not want to take the "scary" challenges from God like seek Him first and let Him take care of all my needs. Sometimes I feel like I'm going through life just looking at my feet and missing the bigger picture of what God is doing in this world. Would I be more motivated if I fully understood how temporary this life is? Would I more willingly risk the temporary for the eternal? Would I be able to cast off fear and live the full life Jesus promised? Maybe. But it can't just all be a head exercise, as if knowledge alone would ever fix me. But along with this ever present reminder that this world is not my home I am feeling a gentle whisper from God to come in deeper, to know Him more, to love Him more, and acknowledge that every part of me is known and give Him all the things I hold onto. With this is an ever growing "ambition, whether at home [with God] or absent [on earth], to be pleasing to Him." (2 Cor. 5:9). My prayer is that I listen to the voice of God, allow Him to change me, and earnestly seek His face.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home