My Photo
Name:
Location: Aloha, Oregon, United States

Thursday, December 06, 2007

It's a boy!


We had our ultrasound yesterday and now that family has been told I can openly say Joel and I are having a son! Being able to see our little boy was one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen, if not the most beautiful. It's amazing what they can see using sound waves. We watched as the baby moved and the tech showed us his heart and pointed out all the chambers. We looked at his little fingers and toes and watched his arms and legs work. I was strongly reminded of Psalm 139 talking about how we are knit together and are fearfully and wonderfully made. I know people are pregnant and having children every day, but it seems like such a miracle, even if it is common.
Also within the last week I have been able to confidently say I can feel the baby moving. I'm not sure about every kick yet, but there are times when he seems to roll over, and that is nothing I've ever felt before, so I know it's him.
During the Christmas season it is natural to think with thankfulness about all that God has done for us and this year the blessings are too numerous to count.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kathi said...

Congrats to both of you! And, what a wonderful gift to have a healthy baby.

Now, to come up with some boy names. That was the most difficult for us.

4:48 PM  
Blogger afreakforjc said...

Congratulations! May I suggest Andrew.

4:11 AM  
Blogger girl said...

Congratulations!!!! :) Hope to see you soon!

5:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home