My Photo
Name:
Location: Aloha, Oregon, United States

Tuesday, October 02, 2007

9 1/2 week ultrasound

The ultrasound went well today. The baby is measuring within the normal range, there was a good heartbeat, and the baby was very active for some of the time. Joel said when he saw the baby move around he fell in love. My husband is so cute.

If you aren't used to reading ultrasounds I'll tell you what you are looking at. The baby is inside of the black bean shaped sack, and the small white dot inside is the yolk sack. The bigger, rounder portion of the baby is the head and little buds coming off of the body are the arms and legs. Because of the oversized head and the short round limbs this has been called the "teddy bear stage" by some.

It is so encouraging to be doing so well at this stage since we have never made it this far in a pregnancy before. I am very hopeful and I get excited now when I go by a baby section in a store and see all of the tiny clothes.

For those of you who have been praying for us thank you, and your continued prayer touches us. A specific request I have now is that the Dr. is taking me off of the progesterone starting Saturday and this is scary to me since everything has been going so well with it and I don't want that to change. Again I will just have to trust God and give it to Him in prayer, but it's nice to know that others will be bringing it before God too.

Sigh, I'm happy
.

6 Comments:

Blogger Jenn Sanders said...

Natalie, I am so happy for you guys.
Praise God!!!! Can wait to see you grow!

11:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Natalie! Congrats! What an awesome picture, it is so amazing how a child grows. How precious a new one is to God and how He creates. You are both in my thoughts and prayers.

9:14 AM  
Blogger girl said...

Yeah!!! I am so happy for you! Thanks for keeping us updated through your blog. I love reading it!

10:34 AM  
Blogger Kaye said...

hey congrats :) long time no talk to....I haven't been able to figure out how to say hi...you lose track of people when the last names change

10:44 PM  
Blogger Natalie said...

Hay Kaye with and e (you always did remind me of Anne of green gables when you said that). It's good to hear from you! I don't know what to do about contact info, since you never know who is reading. Do you know someone who has mine so they can give it to you?

4:36 PM  
Blogger Kaye said...

Nope I don't, that's why it's taken so long to find you :) My e-mail is KayeC13 at gmail.

6:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home