My Photo
Name:
Location: Aloha, Oregon, United States

Monday, October 01, 2007

Dog kisses as answered prayer

I went to the vet today for Lucy, our ever itchy allergic infection dog. Anyone who says mutts have less health problems than purebreds has not met Lucy. I was standing there navigating the world of what meds does the dog really need and what is the vet just trying to get more for when a couple came in with their cat that they were putting down. This made me sad. But as I was sitting waiting for Lucy to be brought out after her shot the man came out of the back room where they had taken the cat and sat down and cried. My heart just ached for him, and it was very difficult to keep my pregnant self from crying along with him. I started to pray for the man to be comforted and asked God if I should say I was sorry for his loss or something when Lucy was brought out. The man looked up at her and laughed and said something about how cute she was and Lucy went directly for him and started kissing his face. I was beet red by the time I got her under control, but he just laughed and patted her on the head. As we left I felt that God had already comforted this man with dog kisses and anything I said wouldn't be as affective, so I just smiled and commented that I hoped she wasn't a bother and took my kissing dog home. Sometimes answers to prayer come in strange packages!

1 Comments:

Blogger Angie said...

God can use anyone to minister to the heart.

6:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home