My Photo
Name:
Location: Aloha, Oregon, United States

Thursday, June 14, 2007

Surgery

After 5 and a half months of my body not completing the miscarriage the Doctors have decided that I need to have a Hysteroscope D and C. And since the are already in there they are also doing a Laparoscopic surgery to look for endometriosis. Apparently since 2 of my sisters have been diagnosed with it that gives me a 50-50 chance of having it as well, even without the symptoms. I decided to do it now because insurance will cover it now under recurrent pregnancy loss where later they won't because it will be under infertility. Another reason is that if I have endometriosis it could be the cause of my past miscarriages because it apparently affects your immune system to where your body rejects the baby. I'm going in tomorrow at 6:45 and am scheduled to be in surgery at 9:00. I have to go in earlier than the regular 2 hours because I have come down with a cold so they need to make sure that it's okay for me to proceed with the surgery.

I'm frustrated that it took them so long to figure things out. Everything dealing with the miscarriage has made me realize that doctors don't know everything, and that is a nerve wracking thing to think when you are about to go under the knife. I've only ever had oral surgeries so this is scarier because there is more at risk. If something goes wrong it might have a permanent ill affect on my fertility. They could also end up accidentally cutting near by organs. And it's also hard for me to see Joel fighting anxiety because he doesn't want anything bad to happen to me. Okay, now I've vented. It's time to pray again.
So please pray with us:
  • That God would help us not to be anxious .
  • That I would be healthy enough for them to be able to operate on me.
  • That the procedure would go well (that they will not scar or puncture my uterus so fertility would’t be harmed).
  • And that I would recover well.

Thanks everyone for your support through all of our fertility struggles and loss. It means a lot to both of us that people care. I'm glad God doesn't expect us to go through life alone but gives us friends and family to help us get over hurdles, to cry with us when we can't , and to encourage us to be more like Christ.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We're praying for you guys. God is over all.

5:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was sorry to hear you have to go through surgery. I know you wanted so badly to avoid a D & C, but I will be praying for you and Joel knowing that God will be there through the whole thing.

8:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home