My Photo
Name:
Location: Aloha, Oregon, United States

Monday, July 31, 2006

Peaceful times


My sister Julie and her husband Matt invited the whole family to stay at their vacation home in Husum Washington (across the river from Hood River Oregon) for a long weekend. It was so nice to just relax and spend time with each other. Everyone was coming and going as their schedules allowed with dog in tow. Each of our families now have a dog, Alonna and Dan are the latest happy parents of a hairy baby named Daisy. She is a sweet little boston terrier. We have all fallen in love with the only dog in the extended family that would qualify as a lap dog (even though all of our larger dogs still try to qualify, oof!). It was wonderful to see the White Salmon River from the house and be able to take a short walk to Husum Falls and watch the rafters go over the 10 foot falls. We heard many a woohoo! Going on this mini vacation reminded me of how important it is to slow down and enjoy life and spend time with God every day, not just when I can get away on vacation. It’s good for my soul. I can do this wherever I am if I only try. Joel and I just put an offer on a house and I realized how important it is to me to have our home be a peaceful place. I’m not meaning this in a noise level sort of way, after all Joel is my husband, but in an attitude and way of life. I want people who visit our home to notice the peacefulness too. I also appreciated the good example of hospitality Matt and Julie gave us all, and how they share what God has given them. They have made their home available to the pastors at their church. I hope that I also remember that everything I have has been a gift from God and that I need to be generous also.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How many sisters do you have?

7:30 AM  
Blogger Natalie said...

I have 3 sisters, one of them is my twin.

5:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home