My Photo
Name:
Location: Aloha, Oregon, United States

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

And the Randomness continues...


Have you ever had a dream you just couldn't get out of your head for weeks? I had a dream a couple of weeks ago that was so beautiful and inspiring to me that I'm going to risk looking odd to share parts of it.
It started with me waiting with a group of people standing around looking for the arrival of a man. I had been sent to this place by this man to help him get someone out. Everyone waiting knew he was the only person who could get them out, but I had experienced this first hand, and was anxious to be there, even if I had been asked to come. What I thought was odd was that when he arrived no one but me noticed. He called out loudly for everyone to meet him inside the building. He then looked to me and directly asked me to pick up a girl who was so wounded she was coming in and out of consciousness, and couldn't walk in by herself. The man walked ahead, going into the building and disappearing in the crowd. I picked up the girl and immediately had resistance from people around me saying "Don't bother with her, she can't even walk. He won't want her". I just ignored them and walked through the crowds into the building. Looking around all I saw were lines. I asked the people what they were waiting in line for; they all would say they were waiting for Him. Because of the urgent need of the girl I would walk to the front of the lines only to find that they were waiting in line for a movie, a concert, food, etc. I was getting worried because I was searching through several lines and they were all going nowhere, but they all claimed they were waiting to see Him. Finally I cried out desperately "Where are you?" and I could hear Him quietly calling back to me. I followed his voice to increasingly less crowded areas until I came to a room where a wide staircase went down into a large room with windows all around, floor to ceiling. He was standing in the center talking to several people at a time. I came up to Him with the girl in my arms and was so relived. He smiled and talked to me, it touched my heart with such great peace and love I thought I would explode. The girl stirred and he said some comforting words to her. She smiled and went into a restful sleep. All this time it seemed he was able to keep his conversations up with everyone, not revealing what he was saying to anyone else. He was available to everyone who came and there were no lines to see him. He directed me to where I had to go to leave with the girl who had given me permission to take her to where he was on the outside. He comfortingly told me he would follow soon, there were some more people he was waiting for. I became worried; I said they were all distracted and waiting in other lines. He only smiled and said that they would come.
Yes, I know this is weird, but oh well. I chose this picture because I took it for a photography class, and the theme was dreams.

9 Comments:

Blogger Cristina said...

That was a beautiful dream, Natalie. What an incredible experience!
The picture is awesome too! Was it taken during the day or at night... it seems like it could be either.

8:56 PM  
Blogger Natalie said...

The picture was a long exposure taken at night. It was fun because the clouds were moving so quickly that it gave some movement to the picture and there was lens flare around the moon.

10:19 PM  
Blogger Cristina said...

Looking forward to your next post- I hope you didn't give up on your little blog!

10:58 PM  
Blogger Paulos said...

Crazyness, hope to see the next post too!!!

3:59 AM  
Blogger Mr. Cherry said...

Ya, killer picture natalie!

11:06 PM  
Blogger Cristina said...

so, um... you still gonna write stuff?

9:41 PM  
Blogger Melanie said...

yeah writing stuff is good

2:52 PM  
Blogger Cristina said...

So um... you and Joel want a free ipod too? I feel so shameless getting one after Rich and Melanie got theirs (I should've trusted)... imitation is the best form of flattery right?!
Well if you decide to imitate with me, go to
http://ipods.freepay.com/?r=25980718

I hope you haven't given up on your blog- we're still reading!!!

10:29 AM  
Blogger Melanie said...

dude! Cristina is spaming your blog!!!!
just kidding!

7:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home