My Photo
Name:
Location: Aloha, Oregon, United States

Thursday, October 20, 2005

Yeehaw!


Ever since I was a little girl I've loved horses. Now that I am an adult I have been able to take riding lessons and now I go out once a week with a friend to go horseback riding. What is funny about horses is that some are really nice when you are standing next to them on the ground, but as soon as you are on their back they are full of attitude. Some of them have poor "ground manners" but are great when you ride with them. I have yet to meet a horse that is well behaved all the time. But the odd thing is I still love to ride, despite the challenges and personalities I face. I know Melanie would disagree with me, but I think most little girls are fascinated by horses. There is something wild and beautiful about them, but still they allow themselves to be tamed. They kind of invite adventure and companionship. The horse in the picture is named Desiree, or Des. She's one of those who is nice on the ground. We have yet to decide if we can come to an agreement when we ride.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I didn't know you started a blog. You have great entries so far. Keep it up.
Your blog about riding reminds me of the trail ride I had last month visiting Dan's relatives. It was fun, but now I know what you mean about horses having personalities. My horse thought it was better than Dan's Great Uncle's horse for some reason. Under no circumstances would he allow this horse to get ahead (Dan's uncle gave up trying to lead). A little later when he left, my horse gladly fell to the end of the line (we're talking head touching the butt of the horse immediately in front of us though). I found this part of the ride a little frightening as the other horse was farting loudly all the way up the hill in my horse's face and I had no change of clothes for an hour's drive away (fortunately aside from the dust, my clothes were clean at the end of the ride).

7:45 AM  
Blogger Cristina said...

Natalie... So glad to see you've started a blog! It's nice to be able to keep in touch and check in to see how you are. Thanksgiving is on it's way..... we can't wait to head out there!

2:47 PM  
Blogger Melanie said...

Natalie, I am glad you are riding. lets say I have a healthy respect for horses as it looks like you do as well. Good for you!

9:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home